I’ve made this twice now and will definitely make it again …. an excellent salad and addition to your meal! Or take it along to a Potluck! So incredibly delicious! I was eating it out of the bowl before I could get it to the table! I just love the lemon-dill-avocado flavour of the dressing and I definitely love asparagus! I followed this recipe out of my “Oh She Glows” book. This is really a great book to have, no question! Thanks Ma!
- 4 1/2 – 5 1/2 C. potatoes, chopped into little cubes
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody end broken off, stalks chopped into little pieces
- 1/2 C. chopped green onions
This will serve 3 and it is gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, sugar-free and grain-free, if you are wondering.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Oil 2 baking sheets and spread the potatoes in an even layer on one of the sheets and drizzle them with oil.Season with half of the salt and pepper.
- Spread the asparagus on the other sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, flip them, and roast for 15 – 20 more minutes until golden and fork-tender.
- During the last 15 min. of roasting the potatoes, place the asparagus in the oven and roast for 9 – 12 min until tender.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes and asparagus to a large bowl and stir in the green onions.
….now Make the Dressing:
- 1/2 C. avocado
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill (or just bought bottled dill, fresh is better of course)
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt and fresh pepper
In a mini food processor, combine the avocado, dill, lemon juice, green onion, salt pepper and 1/4 C. water and process until smooth. (It’s sooo delicious!)
Add the dressing to the bowl with the potatoes and asparagus and stir until combined. Season to taste and serve immediately. The salad is also good chilled and will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
For this particular dinner, I also added a Vegetable-Quinoa Salad and a green salad. Little variety!
The second time I made this salad, I cooked the potatoes and the asparagus instead of roasting them and this is how it came out. I think I made too much dressing so I just saved some for later. I made it a little more fluid and used it for another green salad which was perfect!
As you can see, I smothered my potatoes and asparagus, they were drowning in dressing, but I didn’t care, it was sooooo good!! Again, the lemon-dill-avocado flavour is simply amazing!!!!
Whistler’s amazing too…… I went to the bank before work this past Monday morning, around 8:30 am, and just had to take a couple of pictures …. it was soo beautiful out…. it was about 2 C, and the sun was breaking through the clouds …the crisp, cool air hitting my face! I thought it was going to be sunny that day but instead, intermittently, we had these gorgeous big fat flakes came floating down all around!
The snow is quickly disappearing in the valley but our mountains still have tons of snow to play in! I heard Whistler’s base is at 373 cm’s and it isn’t leaving anytime soon!
….take care of your health, the planet and the animals….
“In the end, people will judge you anyway, so don’t live your life impressing others ~~ live your life impressing yourself.”