Yum, yum, yum……. these are amazing! Simply amazing! I have made them 5 or 6 times now in the past weeks, and we love them!
I was given the book “Oh She Glows” at Christmas time, and dove right in to discover a bunch of wonderful, delicious salads, treats and hardy meals! Here is the recipe for our current favourite cookie….
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp. water (Flax Egg)
- 1/4 c. of coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1/4 c. of almond butter (or whatever nut butter you prefer)
- 1/2 c. of brown sugar
- 1/4 c. of coconut sugar (or natural cane sugar)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. of gluten free rolled oats (blended into a flour)
- 1 c. of raw almonds (blended into almond meal)
- 1/4 c. of chocolate chips (I used Cuisine Camino, dark choc., Fair trade, Gluten-free, Organic)(Kinda expensive tho’, $6.59 for 225 g.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl blend your flax seed and 3 tablespoons of water together and set aside for 15 min. in fridge. This will thicken up and replace the egg in this recipe.
- I just grease my baking sheet with a bit of oil. I haven’t had much luck with the parchment paper.
- In your stand mixer, paddle attached, blend coconut oil and nut butter until combined. Add both sugars and beat for 1 minute more. Beat in flaxseed mixture (or egg) and vanilla until combined.
- One by one, beat in the baking soda, baking power, oat flour and almond meal. The dough should be lightly sticky. If your dough is dry, you can add a touch of almond milk to thin it out. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using cookie scoop or spoon, scoop 1-inch balls onto prepared sheet. Leave 2-3 inches between each cookie as they spread. There is no need to flatten the dough before baking.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown on the bottom. The cookies will be soft coming out of the oven, but become chewy and crisp when they cool. Let cool for 5 min. on the baking sheet, then transfer onto a cooling rack. They freeze well~
I totally love licking the bowl and the wooden spoon…. it’s just sooo good!
Thank you Angela! Looking forward to making more of your yummy treats!!
Check her out! Oh She Glows